Peppermint Eggnog Punch
Nov 28, 2015
Eggnog is a much loved traditional holiday drink in many homes. This Peppermint Eggnog Punch is a crowd pleaser, and is sure to go quickly... You may want to make more than one batch when entertaining. We've also included a simple one-step to make this into an adult version, for those of you who like your eggnog "dirty".
- Clear Glass (best for presentation)
- Zippered plastic bag
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 2 flat side plates
- White Sugar 1/4 cup (perhaps more depending on how many glasses you are making)
- Food Colouring
- Candy Cane Ice Cream (We LOVE Presidents Choice) or any mint variety will work
- Flavoured Coffee or pancake Syrup (we chose a non alcoholic brandy flavoured syrup)
- Candy Cane
- OPTIONAL: Rum, if you like yours in a grown up way!
- Add 3-4 drops of red or green food to sugar in plastic zippered bag.
- Ensure it is TIGHTLY sealed and mush sugar into the colouring. Add more to colour to taste.
- In a small flat plate dump sugar.
- In another small plate add a few tablespoons of syrup to cover the bottom of plate.
- Turn Glass upside down into syrup then into the coloured sugar to rim your glass.
- Fill your Cup into equal amounts Eggnog, milk, and peppermint/candy cane ice cream. Add rum, in if this is an adult version!
- Add Candy Cane to Garnish and enjoy.
By Tanya Kitchen Johnson