DIY Snowman Onesie
Nov 17, 2015
This cute, easy snowman onesie (or shirt) is perfect babies and kids to wear during the winter months. Easy to customize, and fast to make it is also a great gift idea for Baby Showers, birthdays, and holidays.
Choose to assemble it by fabric glue alone, or stitch around pieces with matching coloured thread using a sewing machine for a finished look. Add a ribbon bow for girls, or bowtie for boys - the possibilities are endless!
We chose to use the Garanimals onesies from Walmart Canada, for price and quality. Plus, if you are planning on making a lot of them, you can order them online (guaranteeing size availability vs in-store) and get FREE SHIPPING!
- White onesie or shirt
- Black and orange fleece/fabric
- Liquid fabric glue
- Scissors, white crayon or fabric pencil
- OPTIONAL: ribbon, sewing machine
- Using a white crayon or fabric pencil, draw 2 large circles and several smaller circles on the black fabric. These will be the eyes and mouth of the snowman.
- Taking the crayon or pencil, draw out a carrot nose on the orange fabric.
- Cut out fabric pieces, and lay out on the shirt or onesie.
- Spread fabric glue carefully onto each piece individually, pressing into the fabric where it will be placed. Continue for each additional piece.
- Let glue dry for 30 minutes.
- After 24 hours, you can wash and dry item.
- OPTIONAL: If using a sewing machine to stitch on top of fabric pieces, wait 30 minutes for glue to dry before stitching. If adding bows or bowties, names, and other accessories, repeat steps for each fabric piece.
By Chani Palindat